« Último mensaje por Denniscep en Hoy a las 02:01:16 am »
How to win a heart of Russian girl? Ultimate guide how to date a Slavic women - http://www.datingsecrets.eu
1. Read Phil Collins’ biography and answer the questions.
Phil Collins spent most of his early entertainment life as a young actor, and played the Artful Dodger in the West End production of "Oliver!" His interest in music and drumming began at school, where he became the drummer with school band The Real Thing. His next band, Flaming Youth recorded an album to some critical acclaim, although the group disbanded shortly afterwards. Collins later successfully auditioned for Genesis, taking over on vocals from Peter Gabriel in 1975.
After separating from his first wife, Collins recorded his first solo LP, "Face Value". The album was well received, and Collins became a household name after the song "In the Air Tonight" was featured in the American TV series "Miami Vice". He then had a guest appearance on the series, playing a game show host. His third LP, "No Jacket Required", produced multiple chart hits and won many awards.
Collins continues to be an active musician and entertainer, producing and guesting on many albums, ranging from Gary Brooker and Camel (Peter Frampton's old band) to Eric Clapton. His current projects include his solo career as a vocalist, and touring with the reunited Genesis and his Swing Band.
a) What did he do before becoming a musician? _________________________________
b) What instrument does he play?_____________________________________________
c) What was the name of his first band?________________________________________
d) In which band did he replace Peter Gabriel on vocals?___________________________
e) What was the name of his first solo album? __________________________________
f) In which TV series did he guest as a game show host?___________________________
2. Match the following phrasal verbs to their meaning. Then write your own sentences
using the phrasal verbs.
1. call out a. continue walking
2. walk on b. know something because of certain signs
3. look back c. say something loudly to someone
4. can tell from d. leave a place you have been staying and continue to another place
5. move on e. turn your head around in order to see something
3. Listen to the song. What do you think it is called?
4. Write questions for the following answers.
a) __________________________________________________? To the man on the street.
b) __________________________________________________? It's cold.
c) __________________________________________________? Embarrassed to be there.
d) __________________________________________________? On the soles of her feet.
e) __________________________________________________? No, she can't, but she's trying.
5. Work in pairs and write an imaginary dialogue between the man and the woman.